Stress is our body’s response to any kind of demand or threat. Well, I thought stress was really part of my life as I grow up. There have been a number of times in my life that I suffered from too much stress because of the situations I was in, frustrations from people who did not do exactly what I expect them to do and if I miss an important goal.
I have noticed that most of my stresses in life come from frustration which is actually a misplaced expectation. I just expected too much when I was younger that every time my expectation was not met, I felt so terrible and unhappy. Now tell me, who can relate? Hahaha. Later on as I mature, I learned that I can only achieve peace within myself if I will learn to let go and let God. Whoa, of course, oftentimes it was definitely a struggle for me to let go but I know that God is able to do all things and He will help me if I will call unto Him and trust him for every thing in my life.
In the times of frustration and stress, I calm myself better with the Word of God. As I read my bible, the Word remind me that whatever happens, God loves me and He is always in control of everything.
Below are my favorite bible verses that deal with my stress:
1. Jeremiah 29 :11 – For I know the plans I have for you,” declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.
2. Isaiah 61:7 – Instead of your shame you will receive a double portion,and instead of disgrace you will rejoice in your inheritance. And so you will inherit a double portion in your land, and everlasting joy will be yours.
3. Romans 8:28– And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose.
4. Galatians 6:9 – Let us not become weary in doing good, for at the proper time we will reap a harvest if we do not give up.
5. Isaiah 41:10 – So do not fear, for I am with you do not be dismayed, for I am your God. I will strengthen you and help you; I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
6. Joshua 1:9 – Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged, for the Lord your God will be with you wherever you go.”
7. 2 Corinthians 12:9 – But he said to me, “My grace is sufficient for you, for my power is made perfect in weakness.” Therefore I will boast all the more gladly about my weaknesses, so that Christ’s power may rest on me.
8. Deuteronomy 31:8 – The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.”
9. Philippians 4:6-7– Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
10. Psalm 56:3-4 – But when I am afraid, I will put my trust in you I praise God for what he has promised. I trust in God, so why should I be afraid? What can mere mortals do to me?
How about you? Are you stressed? How do you deal with your stress? Please leave me a comment below and I would love to hear from you.
Thank you so much for visiting my space here on the web. ‘Till my next blog post!